- Direct-reading scale in tons/sq. ft. and kg/sq. cm.
- Ground and polished stainless steel loading piston.
- Calibrated spring and penetrometer body plated for rust
resistance and long life.'
- Convenient belt-loop style carrying case.
- Optional Adapter Foot for testing very soft materials.
The Pocket Penetrometer was originally developed for use by field personnel in checking visual classification of soils. Data was compiled on several thousand unconfined compressive strength tests of silty clays and clayey soils against the penetrometer readings to develop the scale.A close relationship exists between the penetrometer's scale reading and soil type.
|Range.||0.25 to 4.5 tons/sq. ft. (kg/sq. cm).|
|Scale Divisions||0.25 tons/sq. ft. (kg/sq. cm)|
|Load Piston||1/4" (6 mm) diam.; stainless steel|
|Carrying Case||Canvas; belt-loop style|
|Dimensions||3/4" diam. x 6-3/8" l. (19 x 162 mm).|
|Weight||Net 7 oz. (198 g)|
Note: Shown with Adapter Foot; not included, order separately.
EI29-3729/10. Adapter Foot. 1" (25.4 mm) diam. Increases piston area 16 times for testing on soft materials.
The Pocket Penetrometer does not replace field and laboratory testing analysis.