Series TFXP Portable Transit Time Flow Meters feature the world's most advanced non-invasive flow measurement technology – providing a measuring system with unsurpassed accuracy, ease of installation and dependability. Although designed primarily for cleaner liquids, the flow meter operates reliably with greater amounts of suspended solids or aeration than previous transit time ultrasonic flow meters were capable of measuring. TFXP is designed for long- or short-term measurement flow surveys on full-pipe liquid systems and is ideal for verifying calibration of permanently mounted flow meters of all types.
All TFX systems utilize Dynasonics' proprietary dual time-base time expansion algorithm, advanced DSP and digital cross-correlation. The cost effective and versatile TFXP flow comes complete with all accessories necessary for measuring piping systems from 2" (50mm) and higher. Optional DTTS small pipe transducers are available for piping systems from 1/2" (12mm) to 2" (50mm).
Features of the TFXP include:
- Tactile keypad and 64 x 128 pixel back-lit graphics display are integrated into a watertight enclosure.
- Removable, field-swappable, 200,000-event data logger module (optional) with an integral DB-9 connection that plugs directly into a PC serial port for very fast 56.7k data uploads.
- Automatic Reynolds Number compensation assures accurate measurements through the laminar, transition and turbulent system flow regions.
- Integral 24-hour rechargeable battery allows extended operation when AC power is not available. Both AC and cigarette socket style power adapters (battery chargers) are included.
- Compartmentalized, padded carrying case keeps the TFXP meter and all of its accessories organized and protected.
- Flow measuring range that exceeds 40:1 (bi-directional) allows the instrument to measure normal process flow rates as well as flows resulting from leaks in piping and valves.
- User configurable rate and totalizer units include: feet, gallons, ft3, mil-gal, barrels, acre-feet, lbs, meters, liters, m3, mil-liters and kg.
- Non-invasive, clamp-on transducers are simple and cost efficient to install. Since the transducers do not contact the liquid, fouling and maintenance are eliminated.
- An integral optical interface and ULTRALINK™, a Windows®-based software utility, provide complete control of system configuration, calibration and diagnostics – without connecting any wires.