Hoek triaxial cells are offered in four models of different size; each one consists of the following:
- A cell body, complete with two quick release self sealing couplings, for the introduction of the hydraulic oil and cell pressure, and for air outlet and saturation of the chamber respectively.
- Two end caps, screwed into the cylindrical cell body.
- Upper and lower loading caps with spherical coupling
- Two female spherical seatings connected to the loading caps and for the correct transmission of the axial load from the loading frame of the compression machine to the specimen.
- A rubber sealing sleeve to separate the specimen from the cell fluid.
Measurements of axial and radial strain are carried out with the use of electric strain gauges, both in vertical and horizontal direction, directly glued on the lateral surface of the specimen. The strain gauge measurements can be performed by Automatic Testing Systems or by suitable Datalog. Use load spreader for uniform load distribution and distance pad to reduce the vertical clearance of the compression frame or machine. See ordering information.
Available Hoek Cells
d x h (mm)
|45-D0553||AX||30.10 x 60||2.50||213|
|45-D0554||1.5 in.||38.10 x 75||4.00||264|
|45-D0555||BX||42.04 x 85||6.50||263|
|45-D0556||NX||54.74 x 100||13.00||304|