The cutting edge of the auger has a tapered tip similar to the shape of a Tensiometer or soil water sampler. Thus, the bore hole is large enough to insert the shaft, but the cup will have a tight and perfect fit to the soil.
The not recommendable slurrying of the cup with quartz clay can be avoided.
A divisible auger set includes:
- Cutting edge with tapered tip
- Handle with hammering head
Parts have threaded connection and can be extended with one or more 100 cm extension rods.
- UMS special auger for Tensiometers and pore water samplers
- Simplifies installation of shafts
- Avoids slurrying
- Multipart - divisible - extendable
for shafts with ě 20 mm
Cutting edge ě 22 mm x 50 cm
Tip ě 20 mm x 5,6 cm
Total length 1.25 m
for shafts with ě 25 mm
Cutting edge ě 26 mm x 50 cm
Tip ě 24 mm x 5,6 cm
Total length 1.5 m